Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NSB trap out part 2  (Read 1997 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
NSB trap out part 2
« on: March 17, 2011, 09:21:35 pm »
Unfortunately this will be the last in this series. At first I thought there had been a poisoning event and then I thought maybe robbing. Now I'm thinking it was both, poisoning followed by robbing from the local ferals. I'm a bit disheartened for several reasons, not the least of which is that my experiment with direct releasing a virgin queen is a bust.

NSB trap out part 2_0001.wmv

I failed to get any real good shots of the fighting, but there was a good bit of it going on.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: NSB trap out part 2
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 10:43:08 pm »
That is weird.  I don't think there would be enough stores in a week from a trap colony to cause robbing.    The dead in the cone is what tells me they were sprayed.   Could you smell anything up there from the spray?  Neighbors around know anything?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 10:59:00 pm »
That is totally sickening. I hope whoever did it got too much inhaled and winds up in the hospital, or the next one they do is AHB and they get covered.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 11:41:41 pm »
I didn't smell anything out of the ordinary and I kinda doubt anyone would have taken the trouble to climb 20 into the tree to spray them directly but you never know. I'll be calling the City to try to find out about mosquito spraying etc. (I do the City's removals as well).

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 08:57:40 am »
Scott
 I went back to Trap vid #1
 I think they may have already been dying or had left that tree
you said they we not flying well due to weather but I also watched
as you coned them,I've coned 3 tree in my Life long career (LOL)
but when I am coning the drill sound and staple gun
Brings them out fast or at least the guards and a few more
 I didn't see too much of that
#1 could it have been they swarmed just before you trapped
#2 Could have been sprayed before you got there
#3 The fighting from a few that claimed the virgin Queen (as theirs)
and she absconded but they felt she was on a Mating Flight?

Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 08:31:54 pm »
Wasp spray will spray 20 foot high.  It is a possibility.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 09:09:47 pm »
I would say more "probability".
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything