Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A Woman at the Hardware Store  (Read 1928 times)

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
A Woman at the Hardware Store
« on: December 04, 2009, 03:00:31 pm »
Harry was repairing a door and found that he needed a new hinge, so he sent his wife Mary to the hardware store. At the hardware store, while waiting for Carl, the manager, to finish waiting on a customer, Mary noticed a beautiful teapot on a top shelf. When Carl was finished, Mary asked, "How much for that beautiful teapot, Carl?" He replied, "That's silver and it's $300!" "My goodness, that sure is a lot of money!" Mary exclaimed. Then she proceeded to describe the hinge that Harry had sent her to buy. Carl went to the back room to find it. From the back room Carl yelled, "Mary , you wanna screw for that hinge?" Mary called back, "No, but I might for the teapot."
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
Re: a Woman at the Hardware Store
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 06:18:16 pm »
...that  reminds me I have a surplus of stainless hinges around here somewhere.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 08:45:19 pm »
Cute :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 09:31:13 pm »
I have to admit I was a little concerned about posting that; didn't know if it fit the forum's definition of "clean".

You never know where the edge of the envelope is until you go there, though. Sort of like my motto:

"Torque it down 'til it strips, then back it off half a turn".
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 12:13:43 am »
LOL