Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 9 frame extractor and plastic frames....  (Read 2640 times)

Offline SteveSC

• House Bee
9 frame extractor and plastic frames....
« on: September 14, 2006, 08:32:00 am »
There's a couple places around that sell the 9 frame manual extractor for about $385.  I have alot of Pierco all plastic medium frames.  Has anyone had any experience with this extractor using the all plastic frames...?  I read somewhere that the plastic frames won't fit properly in the extractor.  I imagine the extractor basket could be modified..    Thanks.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:09:13 pm »
I extracted some pierco frames this year, they fit fine in my extractor but I dont have that 9 frame extractor, I have a Kelly 12/21 radial...
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline hairbear

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 10:01:22 pm »
I have a 9/18 i bought from mann lake.  The wooden frames fit great but the plastic frames I had to trim them a little bit.

Offline danno1800

• House Bee
    • http://www.huntingtonquarterly.com/Issue30/renaissance.html
9 frame radial extractor
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 09:24:43 am »
I just bought an 18-frame extractor from Brushy Mt. They also make the same model in a 9-frame version. They told me they had to trim the bottom slots with a pocket knife for me before it left the factory so the plastic frames would fit. They said it was no big deal and they did it all the time on request. If I were you, I'd ask the vendor to make it right before they ship it to you. Hope that helps. Good luck!

anything