Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Trading Post suggestion  (Read 5396 times)

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
The Trading Post suggestion
« on: March 09, 2009, 02:07:03 pm »
Hey guys!

I think we should have sub sections under the Trading Post for wanted items and items for sale.  Would make it easier to navigate.  Just a suggestion.  :-)

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: The Trading Post suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 06:24:42 pm »
Sean:

Wanted Items were never an issue - we needed to stop selling things here, too much advertising for an commercial free forum. If someone WANTS something they just post what they are looking for, if anyone has anything they think may be close to what a member is looking for then they should PM them about it.

I put a stop to sales, I do not endorse anyone who makes, raises or produces anything for sale here and it needs to stay that way. Chopping it up into different sub forums is not removing the problem, it is only moving it.

Sorry but NO SALES AT ALL in the TRADING POSTS - people looking to TRADE items for other items may list what they have to trade, but I warn anyone, trading relates to having something you want to exchange for something else - it doesn't mean "I'd like to trade my new observation hive (which I build 10 a week) for $300 cash" It will not not be allowed.

Sellers be aware, take your products to places which allow selling of bees and bee equipment, here you can only trade no longer used or needed stuff for things you could use in your bee yard.

If you need to sell, Ebay, Craig's List and other sites are perfect for you - but we are staying commercial free - that is a promise to the members, even if it is an inconvenience to some. The only way (and this will not happen) is if product vendors paid for ad-space in the Trading Post - but you wiill not see that happen, it goes against everything I believe in. I refuse to have a commercial site profit (even at a monitary gain to our forum) we don't need ad sponsorship, we do well with the donation from the members and if we didn't I'd handle any forum bill out of pocket - and a final thought, if I couldn't handle the bills, I'd ask the members for any donations yjey could spare to keep our site the way it is "rather than give up any control to advertisers", who always expect something for their money.

Hope you understand.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:37:02 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 06:34:25 pm »
Sorry but NO SALES AT ALL in the TRADING POSTS

thanks for the clarification.  i did not get that info from your earlier post.  not that it wasn't there....it just didn't penetrate.  PMing if we see a wanted add and have something is still ok?  i intend to clean out my stuff this year and would rather sell it to a member who needs it than to someone off craigslist.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 06:58:03 pm »
Hey Kathy!...your gonna quit bees?

your friend,
john

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 07:25:22 pm »
oh no.  just did some bulk buys and i know i have some stuff in there that i don't need, or don't need several of  :-) 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 07:31:41 pm »
Kathy:

If you are getting rid of your own stuff, down-sizing, etc. Then listing items is okay, no prices please - but you are the perfect example where 1) you are not a seller, you are a member trying to get rid of unused equipment - listing this stuff is okay (I swear  I wrote this all before) and ask if anyone has interest in anything to PM you.

The WHOLE IDEA of NO SALES means no PROFESSIONAL SALES, or anyone creating things for the sole purpose of making money. People who sell what they've made and make more, no matter what the reproduced item is.

Clearing out your stuff is NOT selling (even if it is for money) it is recouping some of your cost for your no longer used items.

Again: I'm just doing my best explaining this, I just don't want anyone who makes stuff (no matter what it is, from grows and sells seeds, sells honey in quanity, makes hive bodies or ob-hives, offers pollinating service at a price, - anything where someone PROFITS at the labor they do, you just want to get rid of stuff you have - there lies the difference.

Hope I made this a bit clearer - just always trying to do what is right, and protecting members from sellers of bees and equipment can easily backfire - I'm not ruining my reputation or more importantly that of the forum over someone who promises members the world then shafts them.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 07:35:40 pm »
 :(  ok.  thanks.  i am a bit slow, i guess.  i think i have it now!

anything