Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My first package! Headed to Beemaster 4-30-07  (Read 6201 times)

Offline BenC

• House Bee
Re: My first package! Headed to Beemaster 4-30-07
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 08:08:45 pm »
Great video, thought the sunglasses were cool 8-) :-D :-D  I've never pried the screen off.  If I'm ever involved in a package install again I'll try it.  Do you always hang the queencage like that?  Seems sideways to me  :?  My ears function at a less than desirable level.  Put traffic, wind, other background noise in a vid and I loose interest fast.  I'm always impressed when someone speaks in a clear, easy to understand voice as you did.  Can we expect more videos throughout the season?  Is this the first in a series?  Well done on both the package install and the production of a wonderful video!

Offline ZuniBee

• House Bee
    • ZuniBeeFarms.com
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 08:52:19 pm »
It must be a pretty cool experience for Dallas and Austin to see the bees/Queen that they packaged and shipped being hived in their new home at the new location.

I wish I was as calm as Beemaster when bees land on me. I have the automatic flinch as well. If a bee landed on my nose I'm quite sure I would be swishing it off!

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 09:09:59 pm »
Your right ZuniBee, it is awsome to follow them from here to there and be able to keep tabs on them.  How many people get to do that?  I am glad all went well on my first shipment of bees with another to follow soon. I just sent out 2 queens today to a fellow floridian and hope all goes smooth there as well.  This hobby has become one great adventure, just thinking of all the memories and stories my kids are gonna have.

Offline AndersMNelson

• House Bee
  • HEY
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2007, 10:06:39 pm »
"Would someone please tell this bee to get off my nose?"  Hahaha
My Photos!

Takin' care of beesnus.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2007, 10:09:27 pm »
BenC:

I placed the queen cage facing forward on a frame of plastic foundation facing a drawn frame, giving plenty room forward to feed her and still not allowing it to swing. I prefer to embed the cage into comb but I had to work with what mixed and matched last seasons frames and this was the best choice I had :) You need to work ever situation with what you have.

It is the FIRST in a series I hope - that's my plan, inspection is coming up in a few days to see how they are doing and see if she is released okay. Then next week another package is coming and I'll be shooting stuff from that, plus more down the line.

I lkike my camera a lot, it is about the size of a can of soda and switches from distant to macro instantly. I'm enjoying the editing, want to get fancier too, but this was promised to be on ASAP, so I trimmed it and caught myself talking most of everything through without needing to narrate at all - cool.

You should see the the original footage and the NON-UPLOADED version of the edited material - it's so sharp and clear it is like a Dicovery channel film. I'm gonna have a nice collection when done :)

Glad it looks good and my improptu audio - all and all, I can't wait to do it again. It's sad the camera puts 50 pounds on you though - lol. Man, that motivates a diet  :roll:

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 10:23:06 am »
John, I looked at your video.  You have done an astounding job of clear narration, editing and filming.  Good for you.  Ya, I liked the bee on your nose too.

I still do not have the gumption yet to go work without a veil.  I take my hat off to you.  Great, good, thank you for taking this special time for us to have a look inside your life with the bees.  Best of a great life, and the good health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Bennettoid

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 09:38:17 pm »
Excellent. I enjoyed that immensely.

My 8 yr old son attends ALL of the Delaware Beekeepers Assoc. meetings with me and is now asking for his own hive to work. There are some colonies in Squirrel boxes at the Prime Hook National Wildlife refuge I've been asked to remove, I think I'll give him one of those.

That giant funnel is cool. Maybe a Bee Funnel would be marketable?

anything