Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New bee listening device!  (Read 2354 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
New bee listening device!
« on: August 02, 2008, 03:56:23 pm »
 I just went to walmart this AM and there was a hearing device for about 15$ so I got one. I put it on to try it out ( my hearing is getting bad) and I COULD hear better but it was tinny.....So, I walked around the yard, seeing if I could hear birds and stuff and I did..Then I wanted to see if my bees would be louder, and they were! So, I took the device and stuck it in the entryway of one of the beehives!!..IT WAS GREAT!!! I had this thing turned up all the way and you could hear the bees just humming away and you could hear them land and take off! AWESOME!!! I sat out there for about 20 minutes listening!
 Now, I need to figure out how to record this sound from the hives and put it on a disc or out here on the net!

your friend,
john

Offline Hayesbo

• House Bee
  • My son. Almost 6 and loves helping me w/the bees
Re: New bee listening device!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 09:09:11 pm »
use a digital MP3 player recorder with a mic input. Get a double ended audio cable to connect the two then viola!

I actually think that most MP3 players record digitally with such good quality that you could just shove one while recording into the hive and that would probably work. My MP3 player does not have a recording jack but will record ambient noise.

Just my half baked idea

Steve